Parent and Child Support Worker
Location: Oak Tree School
Salary: Up to £22,000.00 dependent on experience
We’re looking for a Parent and Child Support Worker to join the Oak Tree School team. Someone who is organised, pro-active and self-motivated would be perfect for this role.
About the school:
Oak Tree School is a specialist provision positioned near the city of Truro in Cornwall. The school provides full-time specialist co-education for up to 65 children and young people aged 7 to 16 who experience social, emotional, mental health, communication difficulties and associated challenging behaviours. These children and young people often cannot cope, function or achieve within a mainstream environment. The aim is to provide a structured, nurturing approach, with pupils accessing a broad, balanced and engaging curriculum to meet their significant needs
About the group:
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through relentless focus on caring and learning
About the role:
The role of the Parent and Child Support Worker (PCSW) is to work directly with parents and carers on a range of issues as part of the schools extended service. The PCSW will offer a listening ear and encourage parents to discuss worries or concerns. The PCSW will help to improve the life outcomes and opportunities for all Oak Tree School children and their families by providing a range of family support interventions, activities and/or referring to other services or agencies.
Who we are looking for?
The right candidate will help improve the life outcomes and opportunities for all Oak Tree School children and their families by providing a range of family support interventions and activities.
- Clean Driving Licence, use of a car (mileage covered)
- Able to set up and deliver programmes of family support work including group work and community activities
- Able to work with children and families in a variety of settings within school, at home or in the community
Why work for us?
- 25 days holiday per year. These can be taken flexibly through the year. However, during the summer holidays there will be a period of time which we will need help with summer school and no holidays can be taken
- Social activities
- "Your Wellbeing Matters"
- Employee Rewards Hub
- Free School meals on site
- No two days are ever the same
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
If you have any further questions regarding how to apply please contact Laura Hearl on 01872264221 or email email@example.com
Acorn care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care.
A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.