Humberston Academy is now recruiting for a Cleaner.
About the role
Undertakes a full range of cleaning duties using domestic and industrial cleaning equipment to ensure all areas of the educational setting are maintained to a specified quality standard.
Clean floor space in teaching, communal and office areas using appropriate techniques and equipment e.g. mops, sweeps, spray cleans, machine scrub, dry, buff and suction clean.
Clean all internal surface areas e.g. walls, windows, work surfaces and sanitary appliances using appropriate techniques, equipment and materials e.g. washing; dusting; damp wiping; polishing and cleaning.
Empty waste paper bins and removes waste to a designated area.
Undertake other cleaning duties e.g. carpet and upholstery valeting, stain, chewing gum and graffiti removal, de-scaling sanitary appliances.
10 hours per week early evenings Mon-Fri - Permanent vacancy
Salary & Benefits
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme
Who we are looking for
- Ability to clean and maintain a full range of industrial and domestic cleaning equipment and materials
- Ability to use tact and demonstrate empathy with facility users, students and staff
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Understanding of health and safety issues associated with cleaning materials, equipment and premises
- Experience of working in a school environment
- Previous employment as a cleaner
- Basic standard of education
Humberston Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.