Salary: GBP £14,162 - £20,902 per year (MPS)
Contract type: Part Time
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: January 2021
Located in a semi-rural setting, a stone’s throw from the Sea, Meoncross School and Nursery provides Independent Education for boys and girls aged 2.5 to 16 years.
We currently have exciting opportunities for suitably qualified and experienced individuals to join our passionate and committed team in our ‘Outstanding’ School.
We require an enthusiastic and student-centred Computer Science Department to join our friendly, hardworking team at Meoncross Coastal School in Fareham. You will have strong interpersonal skills, be able to work effectively individually and as part of a team and have the ability, not only to teach students from KS3 through to GCSE, but also to inspire and encourage children to develop a love of Computer Science. As we are an all through school some primary experience would be advantageous.
At Meoncross School we aim to provide every student from Reception through to Year 11, a world class education, within a small, friendly and family-oriented atmosphere. We are a school that consistently achieves high academic results. Our success is linked not only to small class sizes, enthusiastic students and highly trained and talented staff but is also the result of the school’s strong focus on personalised learning, allowing every student to realise their full potential, regardless of ability.
If you are passionate about teaching Computer Science to students who are enthusiastic about their learning and supporting the Head of IT to further develop the department, we would like to hear from you. Please take a look at the attached Job Profile and take some to learn more about our school, including our seven core values, from our website.
1. Teaching & Learning
• To promote excellence in teaching and learning to ensure all pupils develop their potential and are equipped for life beyond school, by obtaining high examination results.
• Exemplify in own practice the skills of teaching and learning typified by lead professionals.
• Ensure that good practice and useful resources are shared throughout the department.
• Ensure that schemes of work are followed to enable the maintenance and development of high standards of teaching and learning with regard to different abilities.
• Ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims and objectives, taking into account each pupils’ individual needs through effective differentiation.
• Monitor pupils’ work to ensure high standards are maintained and that pupils make progress
• Keep up to date with developments in subject area and education in general.
• Contribute to the broader life of the school by supporting and leading curricular and extra-curricular events such as school productions, activity days and clubs.
• To deal with inappropriate behaviour quickly and effectively according to the school behaviour policy.
• To set appropriate tasks and challenges for homework according to the published timetable and to ensure that it is regularly marked with constructive feedback.
2. Extra-curricular activities
• Actively promote interest in the subject outside the immediate physical and timetabled confines of the department.
3. Marketing and external links, including public occasions
• Actively promote the department within the school community to encourage pupils’ interest in the subject area.
• Maintain classroom displays and other curriculum materials to create welcoming and stimulating environment.
More about Meoncross School
Type: Mainstream School
Funding status: Independent
Age Range: 3 - 16 years
Address: Burnt House Lane, Stubbington, Fareham, Hampshire, PO14 2EF, United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 1329 662182
Meoncross School is very proud to be a through school – enabling children to start their educational journey at 2.5 years, and continuing through until Year 11. It really is the only school you will ever need.
Meoncross is a school that consis...