Part Time Early Years SEND Learning Support Assistant (Autism / SLD) £61.50 per day (PAYE)
Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a part time Early Years SEND Learning Support Assistant to join our successful supply teaching support team and to work in a local SEND School in the South Tyneside local authority. This will be a part time (2 full day per week) role to work with and support in a class of Early Years students who have Autism and other complex medical needs. This opportunity will commence September 2018 and is expected to carry on an ongoing basis.
This superb SEND School caters for EYFS, Primary, Secondary and Post 16 students and specialises in supporting students who have Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Autism (Moderate to Severe), and also complex mental health and behavioural difficulties.
The successful Part Time Early Years SEND Learning Support will have excellent knowledge of Autism (ASC), Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) and be comfortable in assisting with personal care and feeding.
To be considered for the position of Part Time Early Years SEND Learning, you must:
- Have experience supporting Primary, Secondary or Post 16 students in an SEND setting.
- Have a background in education, nursery, care or relevant support.
- Ideally be moving and handling trained (not essential / training can be provided).
- Be flexible, resilient and committed.
- Have a passion for teaching complex young people in an extremely rewarding role.
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
- Support throughout your placements
- Access to a dedicated Primary consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Unparalleled daily rates
- Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling qualifications
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are an SEND Learning Assistant / Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
Apply today or for more information on this and other teaching opportunities across Vision for Education or contact the SEND team, at the Newcastle upon Tyne branch on 01912291386.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All candidates will be required to complete our safeguarding checks and undergo an enhanced DBS check.