Required from November 2021
To assist the Senior School Librarian in the day-to-day running of the library, including managing stock and circulation and supervising and registering pupils using the library. The Library Assistant will also help promote library resources and manage pupil volunteers. Overall the Library Assistant will help provide a high standard of service to meet the needs of all pupils and staff.
Hours of work: Part-time, 2 days a week 8.00 - 5.30 (days can alternate but must be Mon-Thurs), includes a 30-minute lunch break, term-time only + 2 weeks during the school holidays
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary of £24,000 pro-rata per annum, dependent on qualifications and experience
- The School will enrol you from the first day of your employment in a non-contributory pension scheme with the School contributing the equivalent of 10% of your salary on a monthly basis.
- A free lunch is provided in the Staff Coffee Room.
- Use of School sports facilities when available.
- Annual Flu Vaccination
- Employee Assistance Programme provided by Education Support
- Training and development opportunities available.
Further information about the role, can be found in the information pack below.
Deadline for applications: 19th September
Interviews will be held week beginning 27 September
Channing School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To assist in this, the school follows a formal recruitment procedure for the employment of all staff which adheres to the recommendations of the Department for Education (DfE) in "Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education" and the school’s Child Protection Policy. A copy of this procedure is available on request.
Subject to statutory provisions, no applicant will be treated less favourably than another on the grounds of a protected characteristic. Ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 4 - 18 years
Ever since its foundation in 1885, Channing has been known as a happy and successful community. Our size gives pupils both security and a sense of their own significance: we recognize all achievements; of whatever nature, and hope ea...