Part Time - 1 Full Day and 4 half days
The Portland Place School Marketing Manager is responsible for planning and implementing marketing activities to grow recruitment, retention and brand awareness for Portland Place School.
Working in partnership with the Alpha Plus Marketing Director, the Headmaster and the Admissions Registrar, the Marketing Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and reporting on the schools’ marketing strategy and plans.
Job responsibilities include:
- Gathering market insight (through surveys, competitive analysis, market research) to guide and inform marketing strategy
- Help develop and communicate school brand and value proposition, across a variety of channels (website, print literature, adverts, events), ensuring consistency across all media; widely promoting the brand within the School, the local community, Alumni and beyond.
- Increase pupil recruitment, identifying and reaching target channels (eg feeder schools, competitor schools and parent networks, etc). Work with the Admissions registrars to track enquiries and recruitment.
- Help planning and promote Open Days and other events held at the School, developing links with existing and prospective parents.
- Attendance at feeder school Education Fairs
- Generate proactive content-led, press opportunities with a variety of publications, act as PR Officer, particularly with regard to events, media relations, press releases and publications.
- Grow reach and engagement through digital marketing channels, including websites, social media, PPC and Adwords campaigns.
- Research and manage advertising in local publications, physical locations etc.
- Develop a databank of information about the School including photographs/images which can be used in support of articles, publications, and on the website and Learning Platform.
- Have a major input into School publications i.e. prospectus, calendars, handbooks and produce the school magazine and weekly newsletters and the school websites.
- Manage and report on the schools’ marketing budget.
This is a very hands-on role, requiring excellent communication skills, excellent organization skills, ability to keep track of multiple deadlines, competency across different marketing channels with first-hand digital marketing expertise (using CMS, implementing ad words, different social media channels). Excellent copy writing skills also essential.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Educated to degree level or similar, the post holder will be a professional marketing manager, ideally with experience within the Independent education sector.
Proficiency with CMS, Google Analytics, social media monitoring, MS Office packages, SIMs. Design ability (in Design) also an advantage.
This role would suit a general marketer with up to date modern marketing skills, or a brand manager with hands on experience of multiple channels.