Taunton School are now recruiting for the following Modern Foreign Languages post to start September 2017.
Applications will be considered as they are received.
• German - must be able to teach German A level. (0.3 of a timetable)
Duties and Responsibilities: The successful candidates for the roles will be highly motivated and enthusiastic with a strong linguistic background and a passion for sharing this with both the students and the department. NQT teachers will be considered.
• Plan and prepare courses and lessons so that effective teaching takes place within the classroom
• Assist the Head of Department in developing new courses, teaching methods and materials as is appropriate
• Attend such courses as are agreed by the Head of Department or Headmaster, which should help in the development of teaching skills.
• Promote the general progress and well-being of individual pupils
• Be actively involved in the School’s pastoral and academic tutorial system;
• Be actively involved in the extra-curricular programme;
• Cover for absent colleagues, do exam invigilation and other duties as required;
• Participate in School based INSET;
• Perform any other duty that the Headmaster from time to time might reasonably request.
Please see attached Job description for full details.