Part Time Procurement & Contracts Manager
4 days per week
up to the pro rata of £36,877 p.a.
The Procurement Manager will provide professional support to the College Departments in all purchasing and related matters and advise the College on procurement issues. They will take a leading role on all College-wide procurement initiatives and provide information to Departments on best practice procurement.
The successful applicant will deal with the provision of sustainable, best value for money contracts, to provide both effective supplier management and an efficient interface between users and suppliers; The ideal candidate should have experience in procurement, in an education and/or public sector environment with experience of tendering under the Public Procurement Regulations.
Must be able to produce accurate and detailed work, have good organisational and analytical skills and have relevant experience in the development and maintenance of effective record keeping and contract register and able to work on their own initiative and to deadlines. You will be required to perform under minimum supervision the full range of market engagement, tendering activities, negotiation and contracting.
The post holder will be responsible for:
• Delivering procurement solutions for a wide range of goods, services and work in compliance with Public Contracts Regulations, Public Sector Procurement Frameworks and / or College Financial Regulations.
• Undertaking the negotiation and management of wide contracts, both capital and revenue whilst facilitating value for money procurement across the college including undertaking tenders for their category areas. As well as undertaking strategic contract management of contracts and reviewing spend analysis.
• Work independently as a procurement specialist within a cross functional team, without supervision.
• Supporting Facilities Management / Estates projects, contracts and engagements.
• Developing all tendering documentation required for pre-qualification, invitation to tenders, tender evaluation and award recommendation and as required by the project.
• Preferably qualified to a degree level.
• Liaising with key stakeholders to ensure clarity of the specifications
• Advantageous to have membership of CIPS (or actively working towards membership) or equivalent.
We are able to offer you a final salary pension scheme, generous holidays, childcare vouchers and the facilities of a College campus including a Nursery set in 7 acres of green belt in a peaceful setting. The College has excellent transport links and is set in a location convenient to London and the South East and offers a large free on-site car park.
Closing date will be Tuesday 19 September 2017
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 26 September 2017