MPW Cambridge was founded in 1987 and is part of the MPW group of independent fifth and sixth form colleges. Our college is situated in attractive Victorian premises on the south side of Cambridge city centre with around 220 term-time GCSE and A level students on roll each year. We offer a broad range of subjects and have a tradition of expertise in intensive, exam-oriented courses. At our most recent Ofsted inspection in November 2016, MPW Cambridge was rated “outstanding” in all assessment areas. In Autumn 2017 the Department of Education ranked MPW Cambridge in the top 1% of all schools offering A levels in the UK for student progression, coming 26th out of over 2700 schools. Taking out schools that only sit fewer than 30 A level exams each year puts us in 8th position.
We pride ourselves on being able to offer a flexible curriculum to suit students requiring one- and two-year GCSE and A level programmes with regular testing, a maximum class size of 9 students and an outstanding pastoral system to support students and teachers alike.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Psychology teacher for 5 hours a week with a proven track record of teaching success to join the department after October half term. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate an understanding of excellent teaching practice as well as a thorough grasp of the assessment requirements at A level.
Key Features and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Located 5 minutes from the heart of Cambridge’s historic city centre and 8 minutes from the train station.
• Potential for career progression and personal development
• Development of teaching practice at a leading independent college rated 'outstanding' by Ofsted in all areas
• Life assurance, income protection, annual season ticket loans, employee-employer (4% + 3%) contribution pension scheme, fees remission for children attending MPW, free access to Cambridge Botanical Gardens
• Additional earning potential through our Support Tuition and Easter Revision programmes is also available.
If you are interested in the role, please contact Sam Richards on firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack and more information. Previous applicants need not apply.
Application Deadline: Friday 18th October
Interview dates: ��To be confirmed at a later date
Appointments are subject to child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the DBS.