PART TIME SCIENCE TEACHER
Main or Upper Pay Range
0.6 FTE required from September 2021
NQTs welcome to apply
Are you ambitious? Do you want to work in a dynamic 11-16 school?
We are seeking to appoint an excellent part time teacher of science, who is confident in their subject knowledge and is able to motivate and enthuse students. Our new £2.5m suite of high spec science labs were opened in May 2017 with considerable development in other state of the art facilities within the school.
We can offer you:
• The chance to work in an oversubscribed, innovative and forward thinking school
• Teaching at KS3 and KS4
• A school recently judged (March 2020) to be GOOD under the new OFSTED framework
• Effective support for Professional Development in preparation for your next step
• A friendly and supportive environment
• The opportunity to work with well-motivated students and supportive parents
• A location on the coast very close to main line railway services and road networks
• Free well-being and medical support cover
• The opportunity to be part of the South Downs Education Trust MAT
• Free use of our new fitness suite
Are you someone who:
• Is a consistently good/outstanding teacher?
• Is able to motivate and inspire students to raise attainment across all ability ranges?
• Is able to deliver outstanding teaching and learning and achieve excellent results?
• Has an excellent knowledge of science?
• Has excellent communication skills?
• Wants to make a real difference to the lives of our students?
To arrange a visit please contact Olivia Blake on 01903 237864.
Details of this role, including a job description, information on why you may wish to join us, how to apply and an application form can be downloaded from the school website at https://www.worthinghigh.net/vacancies or from the school by phoning 01903 237864. Further information about the school and details of how to apply can also be obtained from the school website.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 19 April 2021 by 9am. An early application is advised as we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if sufficient suitable applications are received.
Interviews will take place on 23 April 2021, (in person covid safe interviews). For exceptional candidates an early interview may take place, so an early application is appreciated.
Completed applications should be sent to Mr Panayiotou, Headteacher, at the above address or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: We prefer to hire people directly but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We will be in touch if we need you.
Please note, because of the nature of this job, if you are successful in your application you will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service with barred list check. This will be done by means of applying for a DBS certificate through the Disclosure and Barring Service. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions, spent or unspent. Clearance will be obtained before employment commences.
South Downs Education Trust (SDET) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
• Worthing High School & Clapham and Patching C of E Primary school are part of SDET, which is an academy trust and a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales with company number 8276210. The Registered Office is at: South Farm Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN14 7AR
• We recognise continuous service from academy/non-academy schools
Worthing High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years