£23,535 - £24,968 pro rata
The college is dedicated to supporting students with SEN and ensuring that students reach their full potential.
As part of this we are looking for someone to join our ALS (additional learning support) team at our Andover campus as a Special Educational Needs Officer.
The role entails leading work on Education and Health Care Plans (EHCPs) and High Needs Students (HNS). The main duties include attending reviews at our feeder schools, leading annual reviews for our current students. Liaising with County Councils and multiagency teams. Working with SpLD Assessors and ALS Team Leaders to supply individualised needs. The post holder will have the support of an administrator.
We have some flexibility within the role and therefore it could be offered at 20 hours per week (52 weeks) 20-22 hours a week term time only (40 weeks per year). The days can be spread across 3 or 4 days.
Please complete the availability pro-forma to indicate the number of hours and times slots that, ideally, you could work, and submit with your completed application form.
Experience of the EHCP process, dealing with students with high needs, a good standard of education and willingness to undertake further training, if necessary, is essential.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier than the closing date if sufficient applicants are received.
Closing Date: 27 September 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient applications are received
• Eligibility to join a defined contribution pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game
• Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org