Situated in the centre of The Hague and enjoying an excellent reputation, the HSV International Primary School has approximately 520 (growing to 600+ ) children following a full primary curriculum, delivered in English, currently across three locations: KSS, VNS and NSL. A fourth location, VHS, will open its doors for the 2018-19 academic year. The VHS location will share premises with other school under the same umbrella of the HSV family: the Lighthouse School Special Education, The Three Little Ships, Het Open Venster and the HSV Board Office.
The school's curriculum is based on England’s National Curriculum for English (Literacy) and Mathematics, the core subjects. Other subjects are taught through the International Primary Curriculum (IPC).
Part-time SEN teacher - School Year 2018/19
Due to the expansion of the HSV International Department, we are looking for a dynamic classroom practitioner with a good understanding of how children learn and of Special Educational Needs. The role includes the direct teaching of and the development of programs for children with additional support needs.We seek a team member who is passionate and committed to the learning and development of young children.It is essential that the successful candidate shows a willingness to work collaboratively and plan across the curriculum to meet the needs of learners, and have the desire to work closely with parents, support the school and participate in school events. Previous experience in this sort of role is an advantage.
The role will be for four days a week. There may be the possibility to combine this with a one day cover position to create a full-time job.
We seek applications from candidates who possess the following qualities:
- good interpersonal and organisational skills
- a commitment to working strategically as part of a team: working collaboratively with the Learning Support Coordinator, class teacher and parents
- a sensitivity to the different needs of children, particularly children from the international community
- ability write IEPS
- sense of humour
- good ICT skills
- a willingness to learn the Dutch Language
- ability to work independently
All applicants must:
- have Qualified Teacher Status (BEd or PGCE equivalent must be for primary education only)
- be fluent in English (C2 level)
- minimum two years teaching experience (NQTs are not eligible to apply)
- knowledge of good SEN practice and assessments
- be eligible to live and work in the EU. We are not able to secure work permits for candidates
Please send by e-mail:
- CV, including details of your nationality
- A cover letter giving your motivation for this position
- Details of two professional references
To: Mrs Lorraine Janet Dean
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us by 1st June, you should assume that you have not been successful.