Options Trent Acres, is situated on a 12-acre site offers an integrated residential, education and care package for up to 30 children between 8 and 18 years with a wide range of complex needs, Autism and associated learning disabilities. The school is purpose-built, modern and welcoming with a range of specialist learning areas including an indoor and outdoor riding school and outdoor gymnasium. Children also have the opportunity to work with our horses, donkeys, goats, alpacas and chickens. Learning outside of the classroom is a fundamental part of life at Trent Acres. We have a dedicated staff team who are focused on the delivery of high quality, child-centred, bespoke packages of care and education. Our service is in within easy reach of Stoke, Derby, Telford, Stafford, Lichfield, Burntwood, Rugeley, Burton-on-Trent, Tamworth, Uttoxeter and surrounding towns.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person-centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Job Summary and Duties
We are looking for an experienced Teacher on a part-time basis to teach our students on our specialised curriculum, on a one-to-one or small group basis. This role will include planning and delivering programmes of study, in collaboration with the class teacher and support staff.
We are looking for a calm, focused, skilled professional, who has the ability to develop effective working relationships with a group of our amazing students and help them to achieve their learning aims. The students are all keen to engage and make progress and the learning environment will be generally relaxed and focused – the levels of behaviour which may challenge will be very minimal.
The successful candidate will become part of a welcoming, supportive team and will have the opportunity to work in an SEN environment with fantastic students who are keen to learn and progress. We would be very interested to hear from experienced SEN teachers/tutors but also individuals who are interested in gaining experience in this area and who believe they have the skills and abilities to be successful.
The role is offered on a permanent basis working scheduled to work on a part-time basis 21 hours per week
As a Teacher, your duties would include:
- Assessing students’ current levels of attainment and identifying any gaps in learning
- Planning and delivering differentiated lessons, that will meet the identified learning needs of individual students
- Monitoring, recording and reporting on student progress
- Working closely with Learning Support Assistants and delegating duties as appropriate.
- Working collaboratively with the class teacher and other colleagues to ensure the safety and well-being of students, in line with risk assessments and Behaviour Support Plans
Key Skills Required
- A recognised teaching qualification
- The ability and desire to work effectively with students who have an Autistic Spectrum Condition.
- Experience of working in an education/residential setting
- Experience of planning, delivering and teaching lessons to meet the learning needs of individual students.
Apply online now or call 01543 473772 for recruitment for further information.
Although Outcomes First Group salaries are in-line with the National Teachers PayScale, Terms & Conditions of this position are specific to Outcomes First Group
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.