Computing department at St Bede’s
We are seeking to appoint a part-time teacher of computing to join our successful and expanding Computing Department. The successful candidate will have the skills, expertise and passion to; help develop the curriculum, and enthuse our students to achieve across KS3, 4 and 5.
The post would suit an experienced teacher seeking a new challenge or an NQT who would benefit from a well established programme of induction year support.
The department is a popular choice for students at both KS4 and KS5, with numbers increasing in all courses. We currently offer GCSE Computing (OCR) and Cambridge National L2 iMedia at KS4. In KS5, students study A Level Computer Science and the Cambridge Technical in IT.
The GCSE results are very good and compare favourably with national averages with 64% of students achieving 9-4. The A level Computer Science course is relatively new and we achieved good results with our first cohort. This is an area we are developing with increased numbers opting for the subject.
The department provides numerous opportunities for pupils to stretch their understanding of the subjects away from lessons. These include visits to the National Computing Museum at Bletchley Park and both lunchtime and after school clubs.
Support for pupils
All members of the department are involved in providing additional support to pupils during lunchtimes and after school. This support covers a range of areas including Controlled Assessment, UCAS applications and specific gaps in subject knowledge. We feel this support makes a significant difference to pupils chances of success.
Why work for us?
- St Bede's is a good place to work. Staff are friendly and supportive of one another: relationships between staff and pupils were recognised by Ofsted as 'exceptionally strong'.
- NQTs benefit from a well developed and comprehensive induction period programme. More experienced teachers are given the opportunity to participate in training which will help them to develop skills needed for middle and senior management roles.
- There are good on-site catering facilities. Staff are able to use the fitness facilities free of charge and to participate in sports activities.
- Music is a big part of school life and staff are welcome to join our senior choir and instrumental groups.
- We have a social event at the end of each term as well as occasional staff trips to the theatre.
- The school is situated in Redhill, a commuter belt town in the Surrey Fringe area. We are close to the M25 and there are good transport links to London and the South Coast from Redhill station which is about 15 minutes walk from the school. We also benefit from being within walking distance of beautiful countryside . Many staff live locally, others commute from Guildford, South London, Kent and East & West Sussex.
St Bede's School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Welcome to the recruitment web site for St Bede's School where you will find details of current vacancies for both Teaching and Support Staff.
Please return to the site at another time if you do not find any suitable vacancies today. We update this p...