Vision for Education are pleased to be recruiting for a Part- Time Design and Technology Technician in an Outstanding Secondary School based in Cheshire West.
Grade 3 - NJC SCP 13 - 15 Hours per week, 38 weeks per year
(Currently Point 13)
The Governors of this outstanding Teaching School are seeking to appoint a committed professional, and enthusiastic Design and Technology Technician to help deliver learning support throughout the school.
We are seeking a Design and Technology Technician with strong Engineering knowledge to provide technical support to the Design and Technology Team.
You'll support students and teachers in practical lessons, prepare materials, work in conjunction with teaching staff to develop new projects and maintain the school workshop and equipment.
To be considered for this position role, you must:
· Have appropriate experience of, or qualifications in maintaining, calibrating and operating machinery including a centre lathe, milling machine, pillar drill, band saw, tool grinder, planer, circular saw and any other relevant qualifications appropriate to this role. A good knowledge or broad understanding of CNC operated machinery would be an advantage though not essential.
· Be able to operate and be responsible for the general maintenance of the equipment in the Design and Technology department;
· Assist with the preparation, distribution and storage of resources and materials and the upkeep of equipment records, within the workshops;
· Inform senior colleagues of any Health and Safety implications as they arise;
· Maintain a high standard of tidiness within the workshops and preparation areas;
· Experience working in a secondary school, working with or training apprentices would be an advantageous but not essential
· Enjoy working with young people in a busy school setting
· Have excellent practical skills, be highly organised and self-motivated