Job Title: Participant Development Lead
Location: South East
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £40,070 + excellent benefits
The Participant Development Lead (PDL) is accountable for ensuring Teach First participants (trainee teachers) complete the Teach First Leadership Development Programme, develop into lifelong leaders, and meet the organisation’s pupil impact targets in their classrooms. They will orchestrate all aspects of support provided to participants including that from university tutors and school-based mentors to ensure participants thrive and complete the programme as engaged ambassadors (alumni of the Teach First programme).
• Qualified teacher status with experience of working in a leadership capacity within a school environment
• Evidence of delivering great outcomes for students
• Outstanding knowledge of Teachers’ Standards and/or the Qualified Teacher Status
• A minimum of two years’ teacher training or development experience: developing, mentoring and coaching inexperienced teachers within a training route (for example PGCE, SCITT, Schools Direct, Teach First)
• Experience of teaching in a range of institutions across England and/or Wales, with a particular focus on those serving low-income communities
• Masters-level qualification in education or leadership and/or experience of teaching Masters-level qualification
• Experience of innovative coaching and mentoring practices
• Demonstrable knowledge of evidence-based teacher practices and evaluating interventions in a school setting
• Demonstrable expertise in a particular subject or phase pedagogy (Early Years, primary or secondary)
For a full job description, information on our benefits and to apply please click the ‘apply now’ button.