Place of work within The Howard Partnership Trust is flexible and can be discussed at interview.
Exciting new opportunity within The Howard Partnership Trust for a Partnership Data Protection Officer to continue our implementation of the General data Protection Regulations (GDPR). The new GDPR impose duties on organisations to process personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Principles. We are therefore looking to employ an expert in data protection with extensive practical knowledge of implementing GDPR policies, to be our Data Protection Officer (DPO).
You may well be working in data protection, or have extensive experience in the field, either way you must be able to demonstrate the following to a high standard, particularly around complex and sensitive data:
- develop and manage our Data Protection and GDPR compliance strategy and action plan;
- advising and providing guidance to staff on all Data Protection and GDPR matters, including day-to-day ad hoc enquiries and Data Protection provisions of supplier and service provider agreements;
- acting as the single point of contact on Data Protection and GDPR matters with external bodies and stakeholders, including the Information Commissioner’s Office;
- devising and maintaining our Data Protection risk register;
- undertaking Data Protection impact assessments of data processing operations likely to give rise to a high risk for individuals in accordance with GDPR requirements;
- overseeing the handling of subject access requests, the exercise of other data subjects’ rights and responding to and managing individual requests and complaints;
- responsible for Data Protection and GDPR compliance on an ongoing basis and undertaking Data Protection audits and addressing any compliance shortcomings identified as part of the audit process;
Preference will be given to those candidates who have previous experience of working with the Data Protection Act 1998 and have worked within a medium to large, complex organisation. An Education or Public Sector background will also be advantageous as would be a recognised and current certification.
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic and developing organisation
- Part-time and flexible working options are available
- Excellent benefit package to include childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work, Sainsbury’s Loyalty Discount and access to discount schemes
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Rewards and Benefits Scheme that includes Loyalty and Service Awards.
The Howard Partnership Trust (THPT) is a Multi-Academy Trust. It developed from a long-standing federation that was originally formed in 2007 at the request of the DfE and Surrey LA between Howard of Effingham, an outstanding 11-18 school and Thomas Knyvett College which had been in challenging circumstances. Both schools benefitted with improved student outcomes leading to Ofsted judging partnership working as 'Outstanding’ in 2009.
The MAT was formed in November 2013, again at the request of the DfE and LA, to enable another school to join; Kenyngton Manor Primary, a Surrey 2-form entry primary school in Sunbury-on-Thames. Currently there are 9 schools in THPT, 4 secondaries, 4 primaries and 1 infant school, but we are a growing MAT with more schools likely to join us this year.
The distinctive feature of THPT is that the schools within our MAT all retain their own unique features in order to meet the needs of the communities which they serve. However, the vision and values that underpin the schools are rooted in the same guiding principles: namely to ensure that consistently high quality teaching facilitates excellent learning within an inclusive, caring, vibrant environment.
Closing date: Sunday 9 September 2018
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The Howard Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.