(1 year Fixed Term Contract)
Ark is an education charity and one of the country’s top performing academy operators. Our academies are generally situated in areas of high disadvantage, with over 30% of Ark pupils eligible for free school meals, compared with 16% nationally. We currently work with 35 primary and secondary schools across London, Hastings, Portsmouth and Birmingham. Our vision is to create a group of outstanding schools that radically improve our pupils’ life chances. Despite our schools serving deprived and under-resourced communities, in 2014 Ark Schools was rated by the Department for Education as the highest performing academy network for the progress students make. This October, it was confirmed that Ark King Solomon Academy was the best non-selective school in England. We’ve shown that with high expectations, it’s possible to provide a good education for all children, regardless of where they are from.
However, we know there is more to success than academic achievement alone. Education isn’t simply about passing exams; it’s about enabling students to learn the skills and qualities they need to be successful at school and beyond. We want every pupil to do well enough to go to university or pursue the career of their choice. To support this, our schools ensure that alongside setting high expectations for academic progress, we also focus on building the habits and skills most desired by employers and universities, guarantee access and exposure to the experiences that will help them to shape a vision for their own future and guide their decisions about their university or career pathway after school. We also work with our students even once they have left school, ensuring that their access to support and opportunities enables their long term success through into a career of their choice.
About the Role
The Partnership Engagement Coordinator is a new role that will support both the Pathways and Enrichment and Fundraising departments at Ark. We know that we cannot achieve our mission without working with others and we want to make sure that we are leveraging partnerships to support this work. Acting as a broker between organisations such as corporate and industry partners, universities and third sector organisations, you will mobilise our school communities, maximising engagement with the opportunities partners offer. You will also work with senior colleagues to ensure that key partners, stakeholders and supporters are updated about Ark news and events and successfully stewarded.
The role is ideal for a proactive administrator who is looking to gain experience to move into relationship management and communication roles.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
Supporting with identification and cultivation of strategic pathways and enrichment partners
- Support with developing an approach to prioritising partnership relationships
- Work closely with the Pathways and Enrichment and Development teams to research the national and regional offer to schools and alumni students from specific partner groups
- Lead on the development of relationships with a number of selected organisations to yield exclusive opportunities such as work experience placements, trips or reduced cost programmes for Ark students, teachers and alumni
- Where appropriate, attend meetings and networking opportunities to engage with new partners
Maximising engagement with partner programmes and opportunities
- Liaise with priority partners to market key programmes and opportunities including deadlines for application and eligibility criteria
- Foster strong working relationships with key Ark network and in-school contacts to ensure engagement
- Develop a systematic approach to advertising opportunities and work closely with senior colleagues to develop a series of on and off line communication channels to support engagement – this may involve including information in existing channels or developing newsletters, e-blasts, toolkits, resources and/or face to face networking opportunities
- Lead on an evaluation of the partnerships and school engagement process on an annual basis
Coordinating and monitoring the implementation of partner engagement/stewardship plans
- Manage the database of partnership organisations and key contacts ensuring it is kept up to date with all communication, including pro-bono and in-kind engagement and support
- Advocate and support the use of the database with the teams across the organisation
- Establish a timetable of activities across the year, individually deliver key actions and, where relevant, ensure senior colleagues are aware of stewardship and engagement requirements
- Where relevant, support the coordination and writing of stewardship and project reports for external partners and supporters
- Work with the Development team and gift admin staff to ensure information is shared across teams and partnership information is properly stored on the database
- Work closely with partners to monitor school and student engagement with opportunities and ensure requirements are met and expected activities delivered.
Supporting the coordination and delivery of a number of key partnership activities which are exclusively for Ark students:
- Support the Pathways & Enrichment and Development teams to coordinate student focused activities including application, registration and evaluation for events and activities such as university and industry conference days and bursary interviews
- Lead on the delivery of a number of agreed partnership programmes, including:
o Junior and Senior Great Debates by the English Speaking Union
o 3 week
o Apprenticeship mentoring programme for 40 students in Birmingham
- Respond to requests from partners regarding school or student engagements, visits and one-off events and opportunities
As a member of both the Pathways and Enrichment and Development teams, you will be expected to support with team wide initiatives and meetings where appropriate
Person Specification and required experience
- Passion that every young person deserves access to excellent opportunities and education
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience of engaging with senior colleagues and external partners
- Attention to detail and logical approach to approaching tasks
- Persuasive communicator who shows tenacity and creativity to meet needs of those around them
- Ability to prioritise a diverse workload to meet targets and deadlines
- Experience sourcing complex information and presenting information in an informative way
- Ability to work as part of a team and across a large and complex organisation
To apply, please go to https://goo.gl/fkGMeg.
Please submit your application by 12pm on Wednesday 19th July.
If you would like to discuss the role, or have any queries, please contact the recruitment team on 0203 116 6345 or email@example.com.
Location: Holborn, London
Interviews: Thursday 27 July
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.