Fixed term contract for 1 year
In partnership with the Police & Crime Commissioner, Schools and Communities we are looking to appoint the following outstanding practitioner to join our successful team.
- Broadway Academy moved into a world class £21 million new building in 2011.
- We were for 2 years running “in the top 100 most improved schools for sustained improvement in the country” - Nick Gibb.
- “[Leaders] have high expectations of, and aspirations for, pupils and staff.” OFSTED 2016.“Pupils’ achievement …….including in the sixth form, is strong.” OFSTED 2016.
- “….ICT across the curriculum was judged to be outstanding....” OFSTED 2012.
- “The school’s direction of travel is outstanding from a very strong previous record that is used to baseline overall effectiveness.” Inclusion Quality Mark, Centre of Excellence Review 2016.
The right candidate:
- Must want to make a real difference to the lives of young people across Birmingham.
- Will be a highly motivated and enthusiastic self-starter who is able to motivate others and act as a positive role model.
- Will be the key to the School’s intervention and prevention strategy.
- Will support students across a number of Secondary and Primary schools into mentoring and Duke of Edinburgh activity programmes across Birmingham.
- Will aim to improve outcomes and life chances for young people through helping them make more positive life choices, deal with issues and inspire them.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and school holidays as part of your weekly hours.
- A full, clean driving licence is an essential requirement for this role.
- This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for the post.
Broadway can offer:
- A high achieving and well-motivated body of students.
- Excellent conditions in a new building.
- Innovative practice in pastoral care and curriculum.
- An enthusiastic, creative and supportive staff.
- An excellent reputation and is heavily over-subscribed.
For further details and application pack, please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Education on
T: 0121 236 4476
M: 07921 583 731
Please also see our dedicated recruitment site: https://www.hays.co.uk/jobs/broadway-academy/index.htm
Closing date: 25 June 2017
Broadway Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure.