Priory Lodge School, Priory Lane, Roehampton, SW15 5JJ
Hours: 35.8 hours per week term time only (Monday - Friday 8.30am - 4.10pm)
Priory Lodge School is seeking to recruit an experienced, highly motivated and resilient Pastoral & Behaviour Lead practitioner to lead raising standards, challenge under performance and improving the life chances of all Priory Lodge School young people.
The role will predominantly seek to remove social and emotional barriers to learning for our young people and support learners who struggle to transition into our school. Some of our students may struggle to attend and this role will involve promoting the educational, social and emotional development of our pupils, most of whom are average to high functioning, all of whom have a diagnosis of autism and many of whom have significant SEMH and/or behavioural needs.
As the Pastoral & Behaviour Lead, your duties will centre around ensuring the effective and successful inclusion of pupils attending Priory Lodge School. This will include:
- Working with young people directly, along with staff, parents, key stakeholders
- Overseeing and updating student personal support plans in liaison with form staff and onsite therapists
- Working with classroom staff to identify underlying causes of challenging student behaviours; identifying what these behaviours are communicating and supporting staff to implement strategies to enable the students to manage their behaviour for learning successfully
- Identifying and working with students with poor attendance, including drawing up re-engagement plans
- Supporting students through transition, liaising with students, parents and staff as necessary
- Facilitating restorative meetings as part of conflict resolution
- Safeguarding – assist the Designated Safeguarding Lead, liaising with external agencies and collating information, liaising with students, parents and staff as necessary
- Reporting and tracking the behaviour of students.
All students have autism, and so previous experience of working with children with autism is highly desirable.
For amazing work, we give amazing rewards:
- Online discounts and cash back for high street to holidays
- Free monthly £1,000 colleague lotto
- We pay for your DBS
- Career Pathways – Our commitment to your career progression
- Amazing charity schemes
- Free parking on site
- Cash for colleagues - Earn money for friends you recommend.
Career Pathways – we don’t just offer you a job, we offer you a career! Visit https://www.priorycareerpathways.com/ to find out more!
Priory Education and Children’s Services is a leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
The Priory Lodge School (PLS) is a school for young people aged 9 -19 with mild to moderate autistic spectrum disorders, Asperger’s Syndrome and associated learning difficulties. Located in Roehampton, SW London, we aim to deliver the highest level of education and care according to individual needs in a safe, positive and structured environment.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.