CHARLESTOWN St Joseph's Primary School
Vacancy TypeTemporary Part Time
The Pastoral Care Worker is responsible for the pastoral care and spiritual wellbeing of the students and staff.
A chaplain is an individual who:
i) Is recognised by the school community and appropriate governing body for the school as having skills and experience to deliver school chaplaincy to the school community
ii) Is recognised through formal ordination, commissioning, recognised religious qualifications or endorsement by a recognised or accepted religious institution (Diocese of Maitland Newcastle); and
iii) Meets the NSCP’s minimum qualification requirements
a) A certificate 1V in Youth Work; or
b) A certificate 1V in Pastoral care; or
c) A Certificate 1V in Chaplaincy and Pastoral Care; or
d) An equivalent qualification (eg teacher or psychologist); and this Certificate or equivalent qualification must include competencies in ‘mental health’ and ‘making appropriate referrals.’
iv) Chaplains must also undertake professional learning in responding to and preventing bullying and cyberbullying training with the Office of the eSafety Commissioner.
v) Pastoral care is the practice of looking after the pastoral needs of students, not just their academic needs, through the provision of general spiritual and personal advice.
• have an understanding and willingness to support and follow the Catholic Identity and mission of the school.
• have a good understanding of the Catholic School and the wider community
• have good organisational and communication skills (with teachers, clergy, parents and students)
• have an ability to collaborate and work effectively in teams
• have an ability to work effectively in a school environment
• have an ability to work closely with school principals and executive in achieving specific strategic goals
• be competent and capable in monitoring and reporting requirements
• Interpersonal skills
• Understanding and compassion towards the marginalised
• Prioritisation of the well- being of students and families
Comply with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012 (NSW) and all related laws concerning child protection
Have a relevant and valid NSW Working with Children Check
Be prepared to participate in any reporting or NSCP evaluation requirements as requested by the school/sector.
• Seasons for Growth
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Tuesday 25 February, 2020
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Joseph's Primary School
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
The covering letter should address the criteria as outlined and contact details of your referees must be included.
The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Catholic Schools Office as well as the necessary Federal Police checks.
Applications will be received at the school up to 3.00 pm on the closing date.