Situated in greenbelt countryside Long Close School is a vibrant through school for pupils aged 2 -16 with high academic standards.
We are seeking to appoint an inspiring and enthusiastic individual who, as the Pastoral Lead, will show a deep commitment to the welfare and development of pupils, and an interest in all aspects of School life.
This role represents a unique opportunity to be part of an ambitious and successful senior team and a School which places pastoral care and wellbeing at the centre of its ethos.
The Pastoral Lead will have overall responsibility for the strategic leadership and development of pastoral care throughout the whole school with a strong focus on pupil wellbeing, happiness and achievement. In addition, the postholder will have responsibility for whole school Child Protection and Safeguarding by acting as the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
Teaching at Long Close is a hugely stimulating and rewarding experience. All staff are expected to participate fully both in the life of their academic department and the wider life of the School and are encouraged to pursue their own professional development. A reduced teaching timetable is envisaged and although no specific specialist subject is sought at present, a maths/science background would be beneficial.
The successful candidate will be:
• experienced and with a proven track record in strong leadership for all safeguarding and child protection matters
• an innovative, creative and strategic thinker
• able to lead, motivate, challenge and inspire whole school communities
• deliver a high-quality educational experience, so that all pupils achieve exceptionally well
• friendly and approachable with excellent communication skills and a passion for teaching
In return we can offer:
• Friendly, supportive, enthusiastic and hardworking colleagues
• Encouragement to develop new ideas and the opportunity to make a real difference
• Excellent professional development opportunities within the school and wider Cognita group
• Competitive salary and contribution to the Teacher’s Pension Scheme
• Fee remission for children educated at Long Close School
• Complimentary meals in the Dining Hall during term time
• Enthusiastic and motivated pupils that are taught in small class sizes
Applications are welcome from both experienced practitioners and NQTs. For the suitably qualified candidate.
Closing date for applications is 11th November 2019
We reserve the right to interview promising candidates prior to this date if applications are received early.
Please return your completed application form along with your CV and covering letter to: -
Mrs C Andrews
Long Close School
Upton Court Road
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.