Cambian Wing College
Salary: £38,000 - £40,000 based on experience + benefits
Contract: Full time (40 Hours), Permanent
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an empathetic and compassionate Pastoral Lead/SENCo to join our close-knit team at Cambian Wing College.
About the College:
Cambian Wing College is a specialist further education college offering both day and 38-52 week residential placements. We provide holistic education for students aged 16-25 years, who have a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder and associated mental health conditions.
We provide robust therapeutic support alongside our students’ academic/ vocational programmes to enable them to gain the life skills, qualifications and employability qualities to ensure the greatest opportunity of successful outcomes (regardless of their starting point) and the chance to truly thrive.
We are part of the Cambian group and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a wide variety of opportunities to develop your career.
About the Role:
The Headteacher is seeking to appoint a Pastoral Lead/SENCo to join this thriving specialist further education College. Reporting to the Headteacher, they will be responsible for the leadership and management of annual reviews for the full cohort of students, line management of the Behaviour Support Lead, relationship and sex education curriculum management, leading the student council and working collaboratively with the Admin Manager for the effective management of the Pupil Administrator. You will be an enthusiastic, flexible and determined individual who shares our values and is looking to develop their career in this specialist area.
Who are we looking for?
While ideally, we are looking for a qualified SENCo, we will consider applicants who are currently completing this qualification. However, you must hold QTS. Experience within a SENCo role or Assistant SENCo role is essential, where curriculum leadership experience would be desirable.
The successful Pastoral Lead/SENCo will have exceptional presentation skills, ability to lead training for care/pastoral staff and have the ability to produce highly articulate verbal and written reports contributing to Governance and external stakeholder meetings and reviews.
· Working in tandem with the MDT and Care teams to further develop the holistic approach to enhance the academic and wider progress of Cambian Wing College students
· Leadership, delivering and management of Personal Development and Next Steps education
· Accelerate progress and rapidly raise achievement
· Lead the student council
· Line management of the Behaviour Support Lead and pupil administrator
· Assist the Head of Education to plan and manage Drop Down Days
· Manage the implementation of education, health and care plans (EHCP’s)
· Leadership and management of Annual Reviews and EHCPs
· Qualified Teacher Status
· Experience of SENCo role or Assistant SENCo role
· Ability to drive to multiple locations
· DBS cleared and satisfactory references
· Ability to work on own initiative
This position is due to commence in September (subject to approved reference/DBS checks).
We pride ourselves on being an Equal Opportunities Employer. And we are committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Cambian Group Plc
- English secondary schools