The Laurus Trust is a rapidly expanding multi-academy trust with a reputation for outstanding teaching and learning.
We have a strong heritage. Our founder school, Cheadle Hulme High School, has been judged as Outstanding in its last two Ofsted inspections. Gorsey Bank is a high performing primary in Wilmslow and we are also home to the Altius Alliance, a teacher training provider which has been given the top grade by Ofsted. We have seven schools in total across the Trust including a brand new school Didsbury High School which opened in September 2019 and Hazel Grove High School which joined the Trust in September 2019.
We are now seeking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic individual for the role of Head of Year at Hazel Grove High School.
Permanent position – This position is term time only plus 1 week
Salary: LTA £27,905 to £31,371
Actual Salary: £23,396 to £27,433 pro rata per annum.
Hours: 37 per week
The Head of Year role is a non-teaching post and involves a holistic approach to pastoral care.
The Head of Year’s responsibilities involve, but are not limited to;
• Consistently ensuring high standards in behaviour and attendance
• Safeguarding students
• Developing strong working relationships with staff, students and parents/carers
• Supporting student welfare and emotional well-being
• Working with, and referring to, external agencies where appropriate
The role requires:
• Strong communication skills
• Energy and a firm commitment to uphold the School’s standards and expectations.
• Highly effective administrative skills
To find out more, and to understand how you will be able to make a significant impact on the success of our schools and students please see the job description below. To apply for the role please click on the ‘quick apply’ button below. CVs will not be accepted.
Deadline for applications: 9:00am on Wednesday 18th September
The Laurus Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.