Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936 + Middle Leader Allowance of $15,810
Position: Pastoral Middle Leader
Tenure: Full-Time Ongoing
Start Date: Term 1 2020
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
Southern Cross Catholic College is a primary secondary co-educational college that offers classes from Prep to Year 12. Our college motto "To Love, To Serve, To Shine" grows from our Christian values and lived through our commitment to inclusivity, community service and personal achievement as we walk in the footsteps of our Patron Saint, Mary Help of Christians. We aim to develop our students holistically in a school community that embraces the Catholic ethos, values each person and gives them a lasting sense of belonging.
We value effort and commitment and support and challenge our students to become their best selves. In doing so, we provide a school environment in which our students can grow holistically, and promote activities, processes and structures that enhance a love of life.
What we are looking for
We are seeking a passionate Pastoral Leader to join our team at Southern Cross Catholic College. This position is to commence Term 1 2020.
The position of Pastoral Leader is responsible for:
- Leading the pastoral care of students
- Providing professional development and monitoring improvement of teachers professional practice
- Induction and mentoring of beginning teachers
- Other appropriate duties as required by the Principal and Senior Leadership Team.
The Pastoral Leader will be responsible to achieve this by:
- Organising pastoral activities for the College including camps, retreats etc.
- Managing the performance of employees involved in pastoral care through professional discourse, collegial support, observation of practice, facilitation of reflective responses to issues and formal and informal goal setting and appraisal
- Contributing to the leadership of the College through active participation in middle leadership meetings and through collaboration with other Pastoral Leaders to review pastoral frameworks and plan future directions
- Managing financial and material resources within the area of responsibility including formulating of budgets and expending allocated funds.
To join in this vibrant school community, you'll need:
- Innovative, proactive approach to student learning
- Established knowledge of, and experience in, curriculum initiatives
- Highly developed collaborative or distributed leadership skills that will enable and empower others to collaborate effectively to achieve the outcomes
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication with students, parents and staff
- QCT registration or ability obtain
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Competitive Salary starting from $70,080 - $100,936 + Middle Leader Allowance of $15,810 (depending on experience)
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
Why work with Townsville Education Office
For further information, please see the Position Description
How to apply
- Attach a cover letter introducing yourself, expressing why you are interested in the position and outlining your suitability for this position
- Attach your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Applications Close: 4pm Monday 21st October 2019.