The Governors at Bridlington School, ranked amongst the top 20 schools in the country and the top performing school in Yorkshire and The Humber for Progress 8, seek an inspirational and talented Pastoral Manager to work within Harland House. Harland House is an enhanced resource provision for KS3 students who have an EHC Plan for SEMH difficulties. The school is located within an easy commutable distance from Hull, York and Scarborough.
We need a good role model for our students who will:
- share and communicate the values and ethos of the school to strive towards ‘Outstanding’
- possess excellent communication, organisational and teamwork skills
- look after the welfare of students and ensure they attend school
- have strength and determination, the ability to multi-task under pressure and skills in dealing with vulnerable students
- be the first point of contact and liaise with families and other children’s agencies, such as social services or child health
- be the frontline of dealing with behaviour issues;
- be able to teach/lead in 1:1 and/or small group situations
- be friendly, helpful and welcoming to parents and others visiting or making contact with the school
- be able to develop a relationship with students, which is professional, firm, fair and caring
- be able to implement school policies.
Hours: 37 per week, full-time including 8 hours teaching.
Appointment is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Application pack available from Jan Elmhirst, tel (01262) 672593, email email@example.com or visit www.bridlingtonschool.co.uk
Advert No: BSSC001360.
Closing Date: 12 noon 18.5.18.
Interview Date: 22.5.18. If you have not heard from us by 22.5.18 please assume your application has been unsuccessful.