Salary Grade: WILTSNJC H
Salary Band: £24,491 - £27,041 per annum FTE
Contract Type: Term Time including TD Days
Contract Term: Fixed Term - maternity cover
Interview Date: TBA w/c 27 September 2021
Hours: 37 per week
About the Opportunity
- Are you currently a Pastoral Manager looking for a new and exciting challenge?
- Do you have the ambition, passion and drive to improve student welfare and behaviour?
- Are you firm, fair, professional but kind and caring at the same time?
- Do you have specific experience with vulnerable groups of SEND, PP and LAC?
Answering yes to the above? Read on!
Melksham Oak Community School is looking to appoint a talented, experienced Pastoral Manager who has the capability and confident presence to be able to remove students showcasing challenging behaviour from classrooms, with the ability to build professional, effective relationships with the student and their parents/guardians to strive towards improved behaviour. We will need you to be the ambassador, to:
- Be the first point of contact and liaison between families and other student/children's agencies, such as social services or child health.
- Be friendly, helpful and welcoming to parents/guardians and others visiting or making contact with the school.
- Be a good role model for students.
- Develop a relationship with students which is professional, firm, fair, and caring.
- Maintain an appropriate and professional distance with students in more informal situations, or when dealing with sixth form students.
- Implement behaviour policy and deal with student behaviour issues.
Now is an exciting time to join us here at Melksham Oak Community School! We are part of an established hub of Primary and Secondary Schools within The White Horse Federation. This is a temporary appointment to cover the maternity leave of the current post holder, working with our Year 9 cohort.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged and conducted safely in line with current Government guidelines. Please contact 01225 792700 to make an appointment. More information about the school can be found on our website https://www.melkshamoak.wilts.sch.uk/ and for full details and expectations of this exciting opportunity, please find attached our Job Description for you to review!
We look forward to hearing from you!
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
- Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
Why Work With Us
The White Horse Federation (TWHF) is a not-for-profit multi-academy trust that supports and sponsors many primary, secondary and special schools across Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Swindon, Oxfordshire and Berkshire.
Its shared vision for excellence through partnership means it is also committed to keeping the best of what makes a local school great – in other words, the type of schools where TWHF colleagues would be proud to send their own children.
TWHF combines a relentless drive for academic excellence with a shared moral purpose and shared values, while ensuring that fun and happiness are a key attribute of each of its schools. TWHF believes that partnership-working with its schools, pupils and their parents, as well as the wider community, helps creates the best possible outcomes for all children.
TWHF empowers its colleagues through support, training and career opportunities to recruit and retain outstanding staff who are leaders in their field. That way TWHF can ensure that every student achieves their full potential, regardless of background, culture, heritage or ability.
TWHF recognises the benefit of having a diverse workforce and is committed to building a team which reflects diversity from the communities it serves. TWHF values the contributions from all staff from a wide range of different backgrounds and actively seeks to promote an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment; which at the same time supports fair promotion and cultural acceptance. Under the provision of the Equality Act 2010, TWHF welcomes applications from everyone and operates a recruitment process which is fair and does not discriminate against or disadvantage anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before appointment is confirmed. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview.
Melksham Oak Community School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years