Term time + 1 week
Starting November 2017
We are looking for an exceptional pastoral mentor to join our staff team at Jane Austen College. The successful candidate will deliver high-quality pastoral support for students, helping students whose challenging behaviour is a barrier to learning and working as part of the wider student support team. This role will involve working in an environment with students with challenging behaviour and as such, requires someone with experience in this field.
The successful candidate will have an unshakable belief in every student’s entitlement to the highest-quality education and ability to achieve and learn, whatever their personal circumstances.
The ideal candidate will have:
▪ The ability to engage positively and build working relationships with a wide range of young people and their families
▪ The ability to encourage positive and respectful student behaviour
▪ An awareness of de-escalation procedures similar to those in the “Step Up” training
▪ The ability to work effectively as part of a team with teaching staff and outside agencies
▪ An understanding of students with special education needs and disabilities
▪ Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication and presentation skills
▪ A willingness to manage their own time effectively, work flexibly, and use their own initiative
▪ A degree or equivalent
To apply, please use our online application form at www.inspirationtrust.org
Closing date for applications: 12pm, Friday, October 13 2017
Interview date: w/c October 16 2017
Inspiration Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff appointments are subject to satisfactory references and enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks. We are an equal opportunities employer.