Plumstead Manor is a thriving and rapidly improved school recently judged Good by Ofsted (May 2018). We are dedicated to providing a world-class education to the young people and families of Royal Greenwich, and hold a strong commitment to promoting excellence, justice and success for all our young people.
Our goal is to inspire and nurture young people of all abilities and backgrounds to develop a love of learning which will sustain them throughout their lives. It is this which will successfully see them into further education and the fulfilling career of their choice. We believe that high quality teaching, in a safe and friendly environment, is the key to unlocking the potential of all our young people have, so that they can go on to change the world for the better.
About the role
We are looking for a Pastoral Officer to work as part of the pastoral team supporting Heads of Year to provide excellence in the daily management and welfare of students and to assist with the maintenance of high standards of discipline and behaviour. Your responsibilities will include:
- monitoring attendance and punctuality across a particular cohort
- developing and monitoring pastoral support programmes for individual students
- supporting Heads of Year in following up behaviour incidents
- supervising student detentions after school and independent study periods
- providing restorative mediation for students (individually and in groups)
- liaising both within the school and with outside agencies to ensure a tailored programme of support
- attending multidisciplinary forums such as TAC and PEP meetings
- support the accuracy and rigour of information in helping track and assess the welfare of students.
In this role you will be required to work 35 hours per week, 39 weeks per year.
You will ideally have a Level 3 Qualification and at least a Level 2 qualification in English and Maths. A suitable qualification relating to education, social work, mediation or youth work is desirable. You will need to have experience of working with young people in Key Stages 3, 4 or 5 together with being ICT competent.
In return, we can offer you supportive and friendly colleagues and good professional development.
To apply, please visit www.plumsteadmanor.com Alternatively, contact the HR Team on 020 3260 3123 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref: 819/PO.
Closing date: Noon on Friday 5 March 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
References will automatically be requested for all shortlisted applicants prior to interview. The successful applicant will be required to be DBS checked prior to taking up post.
Plumstead Manor School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
Plumstead Manor is a thriving and popular secondary school located in the Royal Borough of Greenwich. There has been a school on our site since 1913, with the first 105 years as a girls’ school. In response to local demand we admitted our first mixed...