Plumstead Manor is a thriving and rapidly improved school recently judged Good by Ofsted (May 2018). We are dedicated to providing a world-class education to the young people and families of Royal Greenwich, and hold a strong commitment to promoting excellence, justice and success for all our young people.
Our goal is to inspire and nurture young people of all abilities and backgrounds to develop a love of learning which will sustain them throughout their lives. It is this which will successfully see them into further education and the fulfilling career of their choice. We believe that high quality teaching, in a safe and friendly environment, is the key to unlocking the potential of all our young people have, so that they can go on to change the world for the better.
About the role
We are seeking a Pastoral Officer to work 35 hours per week, 39 weeks per year as part of our Post-16 team, which is situated in a purpose-built block. Your responsibilities will include:
- monitoring attendance and punctuality of Post-16 students
- engaging parents and carers to involve them in their son/daughter’s achievement and future success
- assisting with the maintenance of high standards of discipline and behaviour
- developing and monitoring a pastoral support programme for individual students
- working with individuals and small groups of students identifying areas for improvement within study, including the Supervision of the ‘Study Hall’ provision for identified students
- providing restorative mediation for students (individually and in groups)
- assisting the tutor team to develop strategies and interventions to be carried out during tutor time
- providing guidance and support to students about the progression onto the next phase of their education and training, assisting with accessing information, completing applications and organising visits
- Ensuring regular opportunities to publicly celebrate success and achievement
You will need to have a Level 3 Qualification and at least a Level 2 qualification in English and Maths. You will also need a qualification relating to education, social work, mediation or youth work and experience of working with young people in Key stage 4, 5, or higher education. Knowledge of good practice in inclusion, differentiation and engagement together with the ability to work as a member of a team is essential. You should also have competent ICT skills.
We can offer you enthusiastic students, the opportunity to join a supportive and friendly team and good professional development.
To apply, please visit www.plumsteadmanor.com Alternatively, contact the HR Team on 020 3260 3123 or email: email@example.com quoting ref: 812/PO16.
Closing date: Noon on Thursday 21 January 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
References will automatically be requested for all shortlisted applicants prior to interview. The successful applicant will be required to be DBS checked prior to taking up post.
Plumstead Manor School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
Plumstead Manor is a thriving and popular secondary school located in the Royal Borough of Greenwich. There has been a school on our site since 1913, with the first 105 years as a girls’ school. In response to local demand we admitted our first mixed...