The Governors of All Hallows RC High School are seeking to appoint a Pastoral support/Head of year 7 with high expectations and standards to join our small friendly school. We have an excellent reputation for pastoral care and pupil progress. You would be joining an experienced, skilled, welcoming and supportive pastoral team.
Are you someone who is committed to the highest standards of support for student welfare and learning and who is able to establish a strong rapport with young people? Do you have good communication and organisational skills? Are you flexible in your approach and rigorous in maintaining high standards of behaviour and attitude? If so, we would love to hear from you. This is a new role that will lead on pastoral, attendance, safeguarding and overall student experience of students in Year 7.
Main responsibilities: -
· - Head of Year (‘Pupil Progress Leader’) for Year 7 (130 pupils).
- Admin & strategy support for attendance & punctuality (as part of a team).
- Assisting with some pupils from other years both to help them overcome barriers to learning and to adhere to behaviour expectations.
- Parental support.
The successful candidate should be:
- Knowledgeable in strategies to support students with challenging behaviours with confidence.
- Be able to inspire, influence, challenge and motivate others, leading by example.
- Be able to motivate and inspire students to achieve their full potential.
- Have the belief that all children can make outstanding progress.
- Able to confidently meet with parents to resolve issues both successfully and in line with school policy.
This role would be suitable for an experienced pastoral worker and/or others with relevant experience working with young people and adults. Initially this will be a 2 year fixed term contract.
Closing Date for application: Tuesday 27th June 2017, Noon
All Hallows are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.