Salary Scale – H5/H6 depending on skills/ experience Hours
24 hours per week, term time only
We are looking to recruit a Pastoral Support Manager to work with students, staff and parents to ensure that students at the school are fully supported. The focus of this role will involve liaising with the Performance Directors, Directors of Learning, parents and external agencies and to work with the school’s Designated Person in charge of child protection on safeguarding issues. The role will also be to managing the silent learning area and the pastoral assistant. Excellent communication skills are essential as well as the ability to relate to students. It is essential that you are able to remain calm under pressure, using your own initiative as well as working as part of a team.
- Over £8 million has been invested in developing the learning environment in the past three years to provide a state-of-the-art learning campus.
- All students bring their own tablet device to school so that teachers can be even more flexible in their delivery of lessons.
- Behaviour is exemplary and visitors always comment on the outstanding learning ethos across the school.
- The school runs a Teaching School Alliance, is an Awarding Body for Initial Teacher Training, holds International status and embraces excellence in all areas of the curriculum.
- Staff who work at the school receive outstanding training and gain significant career experience.
- Staff can benefit from the school’s children of staff admission rule, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and access to a wide variety of school trips
If you would like to work in a forward thinking school and make a difference, we would like to hear from you. This position is permanent contract and has a start date of September 2017. The deadline for applications is September 11th 2017. Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate. The school operates a children of staff admission rule.
Closing date: 11/09/2017
Interview date: To be confirmed
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com