Would you classify yourself as having good behaviour management skills?
Are you passionate about working with children to help raise their achievement and improve their behaviour?
Would you enjoy working in a diverse, dynamic and successful Academy?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Stockwood Park Academy would love to hear from you!
The Stockwood Park Academy have a fantastic new opportunity for a Pastoral Support Mentor to join our dedicated and supportive team! We are looking for a committed, confident and self-motivated person to support the Assistant Principal for Behaviour and Safety in all aspects of raising achievement for students in the Inclusion area.
· Take responsibility for the behaviour and progress of students in our ‘Achievement Plus’ unit
· Develop and maintain supportive relationships with students, parents and carers
· Work collaboratively with other agencies and professionals to meet the needs of individual students
· Monitor, record and assess student progress through mentoring, observation and questioning against student targets.
· Mentor students, implementing strategies to improve behaviour and progress, measuring impact against agreed targets.
· Assist Teachers/Line Managers in the evaluation and revision of lessons and work programmes for individuals and groups of students
· Provide support for the Academy Inclusion strategy in all its aspects
· Start Date: January 2018 (depending on notice period)
· Salary: L5 - £19,005 to £20,920 (prorated salary based on experience)
· Job Role: Permanent, Term time only, 39 weeks a year
· Hours: 37 hours a week, 8.15am to 4.15pm Monday to Thursday, 8am to 3:30pm on Fridays
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy:
· £30 million state of the art modern facilities in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
· Fantastic support from your line managers and SLT
· Unparalleled CPD opportunities with cross trust and national development programs and bespoke opportunities to support your development
· We recruit for attitude and train for skills with excellent opportunities for career progression in a successful and expanding Academy
· Local subsided gym membership and many other staff benefits
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “The Principal and SLT have successfully raised the quality of teaching and improved students’ achievement in most subjects including English and Maths. The quality of teachers’ professional development is good, leaders have successfully created a good culture for staff development and ensures that teachers are suitably equipped for their subjects and other responsibilities. The behaviour of the students is good, they behave well in lessons and students are proud to be at the academy and enjoy coming”.
Teacher Testimonial: “I have been at the Academy since 2000, I started as an unqualified teacher and was supported through the Graduate Teacher Programme. Very soon after I gained my QTS, opportunities arose to get into new roles. I started as Gifted and Talented Coordinator, then I became Head of Department for PE and then I wanted to develop into a pastoral role where I became a House Leader. Then came the opportunity to become an Assistant Principal and I was encouraged to go for that role so I took the leap and now I'm the Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare. There is a whole range of CPD on offer with a dedicated Teaching and Learning team who will provide personalised CPD, personalised areas for development for members of staff. In addition to that, they have a number of courses they provide, I've gone on the 'Outstanding Teacher Programme' and developed my own teaching and helped me feel secure in the position I was in. Stockwood Park Academy have already begun supporting with my next step up moving into a Deputy Head or Vice Principal role.“
- Iain Temple, Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare.