Sevenoaks School is currently seeking to appoint a Payroll and Pension Officer on a temp to perm basis (Full-time, all year round).
The successful candidate will report to the Finance Manager and will be the key point of contact for payroll queries.
Some of the main tasks and responsibilities of this role are:
• Maintaining and updating employee records on the school’s HRIS system, Excel spreadsheets and manual payroll files, including filing information in the correct filing systems.
• Processing monthly payrolls including starters, leavers and calculations for SMP, SPP, SSP etc.
• Calculating and processing of employees’ pay claims, timesheets, loans, advances and pay changes.
• Maintaining school payroll management records, preparing the monthly authorisation document and keeping up to date with an essential bring forward system.
• Ensuring all pension records are current and accurate at all times.
• Carrying out all required returns for the school’s pension schemes including completion of year end returns.
• Supporting staff retiring from the school to ensure that the leaving process is smooth and efficient.
• Managing the school’s auto enrolment programme.
• Assisting with month end reconciliations of payroll related Nominal Ledger accounts.
• Preparing and importing financial data from the payroll system to the school nominal accounts.
• Administering payroll deductions to third parties including HMRC, Pension schemes, AVC providers, Child Care providers, Attachment of Earnings Orders etc.
• To raise necessary monthly invoices and transfer documents for rechargeable salary costs.
The Payroll & Pensions Officer should possess the following attributes:
• Experience in end-to-end payroll processing and software operations, with strong IT skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with customer service focus.
• Experience in finance operations including accounting and reconciliations.
• Very high standards of accuracy and attention to detail, with strong numerical ability and data entry skills.
• Good understanding of Microsoft Office packages, particularly proficiency in Excel with the ability to confidently manipulate data.
• Ability to work to deadlines.
• Full understanding of employee confidentiality and data protection with the appropriate handling of sensitive information.
• Ability to work under direction as part of a team.
• Flexibility of hours worked to meet the requirements of the role, particularly around the monthly payroll run.
For further information and details on how to apply please use the next link: https://www.sevenoaksschool.org/support-vacancies/
The closing date for applications is 19/09/2021 at 23:59. The School retains the right to interview suitable applicants and appoint before the deadline.
Sevenoaks School is a Covid-19 secure environment. Interviews will be held in person in line with social distancing requirements.
Sevenoaks School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants will undergo appropriate child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. Registered Charity No. 1101358.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Academic excellence, with a strong pastoral and co-curricular emphasis and a global dimension.
Sevenoaks School is a large, co-educational HMC school. Founded in 1432 by William Sevenoke, the school has over the last 50 years developed an internati...