Smart Teachers is recruiting for a PDHPE Teacher at our Independent client school located in Sydney���s Upper North Shore, New South Wales, Australia. This school boasts strong community ties, excellent academic results, and modern facilities.
About the Role:
- PDHPE Teacher
- Located in Sydney’s Upper North Shore
- Teaching Years 7-12
- Job Reference: #TES1710-522380LL
- Full time and permanent role
- Commencing January 2018
About the School:
- One of Australia’s independent schools - strong heritage and has close relationship with parents and the local community and exceptionally high educational standards.
- Facilities include Great Hall and Aquatic Centre - sports facility, gymnasium, squash and weights rooms, music and drama centres and sporting fields
- School offers extensive academic and sporting programs, the school offers many extra-curricular activities including music with several large ensembles and orchestras, drama, debating, public speaking, chess, a science club, and Duke of Edinburgh's Award scheme, as well as maintaining the largest secondary school cadet unit in Australia
- considered a most desirable ‘Employer of Choice’ in the market place as a result of the work conditions, professional development and career opportunities offered by the School
About the Location:
Our client school is located in Sydney’s Upper North Shore and is easily accessible by public transport. It is located 22 kilometres (14 miles) north west of Sydney Central Business District. The suburb has several small shopping villages and small restaurants. The railway station is on the North Shore, Northern & Western Line of the Sydney Trains network. It is also accessible by M1 Motorway to Newcastle. The location is known for its tree-lined, shady streets and easy lifestyle. Parks facilities include children’s playgrounds, two tennis courts, a half basketball court and a large circular oval where Football and Cricket can be played as well as walking tracks and picnic spots. The location is also home to reputable elite private schools as well as government schools. The location is suited to couples, families and singles.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria;
- Hold a tertiary qualification in Secondary Education
- Previous experience in teaching Years 7-12 PDHPE will be highly regarded
- Be eligible to work in Australia (must have a visa)
- Possess relevant tertiary qualifications in education
- Must be registered or eligible for registration with the New South Wales Education Standards Authority
- Be registered or be eligible for the New South Wales Working With Children Check registration
- Be willing to contribute to co-curricular life and the school community
- Must be respectful of the school values and ethos
- Possess and provide appropriate professional reference details
The Benefits of Working with Smart Teachers:
We are a dedicated education recruitment agency that works closely with the independent and Catholic Schools across Australia sourcing talented teachers, leaders and support staff to fill a range of permanent and long term contract roles. We are a company of teachers who are passionate about facilitating the perfect match between school and candidate. To find out more about Smart please visit our website
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in Australia and meet all national safeguarding criteria. To apply please send your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number #TES1710-522380LL
Please include your visa status on your CV or if you hold an Australian or New Zealand passport.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and Conditions Apply).
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.