The Governing Body are looking to appoint an inspirational and self-motivated teacher to this varied and interesting position. If you are a dynamic, committed, and inspirational teacher who wants to make a difference to the lives and outcomes of Woodlane pupils we welcome your application.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an inspirational teacher passionate about raising school standards and achievements for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities in PE.
• A track record of making a difference to pupil progress and outcomes in PE and beyond.
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner.
• Have knowledge of the National Curriculum and how to differentiate for SEND learners.
• Highly value strong parent school links.
• Have a strong commitment to extra-curricular activity.
• Be able to support Woodlane's Dyslexia Friendly approach to raise the literacy standards of our pupils.
• Be able to use SLCN strategies to support teaching and learning.
• Enjoy teaching a variety of subjects.
• Be keen to share best practice with others through INSET/Outreach.
• Be someone who is highly organised.
• Be someone who is highly resilient.
• Be someone who puts safeguarding and child protection at the centre of practice.
Please see personal specification for full details.
The position will include:
• The leadership and teaching of PE at KS3 and KS4 level.
• The leadership and management of PE and fitness on a whole school level.
• The teaching of a range of subjects at KS3, mainly our Year 7 transition classes.
• Teaching and preparing pupils for various relevant qualifications in PE.
• The leadership and management of our parent partnership program.
• Supporting staff/pupils/parents in preparing pupils for secondary transfer.
• Providing INSET to staff.
• The delivery of extra-curricular activity.
• Devising EHCPs and hosting Annual Review meetings.
Please see the job description for full details.
Woodlane High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Staff and governors are committed to the safeguarding and child protection of our children. An enhanced DBS disclosure will therefore be required for successful candidates. We will also require verified references, photographic identification and any necessary overseas eligibility to work in the UK.
You are strongly encouraged to visit our wonderful school (should current Covid rules allow).
For further information please contact Brigid Simmons, School Business Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applicants from PE or Primary Teachers from mainstream or SEND schools, including strong NQTs.
Closing date: Monday 27th September 2021 – 09.00am
Shortlisting date: Monday 27th September 2021
Interview date: TBC
Position to start January 2022 or sooner if possible
Woodlane High School
Hammersmith and Fulham