We’re looking for a Sports and PE specialist to teach PE from Reception to Year 6
*Grade and Range:* Main pay scale, range M1-M6 / Upper pay scale or unqualified teacher with a relevant degree. This post will be offered as a one-year contract in the first instance.
*Start date*: September, 2018
Sir John Cass’s Foundation Primary School is an outstanding Church of England primary school in the heart of the City of London. We want the very best for our children and families. We believe that every child at our school is entitled to an exceptional education which lays firm foundations for their lives.
We can offer you the chance to work in a unique Church of England Primary School- the only maintained school in the City. Because of our special setting you have the resources of London on your doorstep. We take advantage of the diverse range of cultural opportunities in London with a rich programme of visits and activities. You can get a glimpse of what makes our school so special by taking a look at our website- http://www.sirjohncassprimary.org.
We are looking for an ambitious primary sports specialist to join our team. We want all our children to be positive and committed to sports and exercise. We require somebody to lead extra-curricular sports as well as teach a full timetable of lessons to every class from Early Years to Year 6.
*The successful candidate will be:*
- A newly qualified teacher or experienced teacher who has demonstrated excellent, creative and challenging teaching in Physical Education and Sports;
- Ambitious, wishing to demonstrate a substantial whole school impact and evidence of leadership skills;
- Committed to their own professional development;
- Motivated, enthusiastic and imaginative;
- Well-qualified, articulate and committed to high academic standards for all children; and
- Hard-working - a great team player.
- Excellent professional development with lots of encouragement to develop ideas and projects from a strong, experienced leadership team;
- We will work with you to support you to achieve a Master’s level qualification or other professional development;
- A friendly supportive staff team of outstanding practitioners; and
- An iPad and season ticket loan along with other staff benefits.
*The application process*
Firstly, we’d love to talk more with you about this role and we welcome visits to the school at any time. Please contact the school office on 0207 283 1147 or email email@example.com to arrange an appointment or a conversation with the Headteacher.
Our website has a wealth of information about the school- http://www.sirjohncassprimary.org/job-vacancies.html
The application deadline is Monday 4th June, 2018
Interviews will be held on Thursday 7th June, 2018
- You’ll need to complete our application form including telling us why you like to work at Sir John Cass and how your experiences and skills meet our requirements.
- At the interview we’ll observe you teach and you’ll have a range of other tasks to help us get to know each other!
*Sir John Cass’s Foundation Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and we have stringent procedures in place to ensure everyone who works with us shares that commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to several checks to ensure their suitability for work with children, including an enhanced DBS Check.*