Woodstock Road, Witney, Oxon, OX28 1DX
Web Address: www.wgswitney.org.uk
Tel: 01993 702355 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Teacher: Mr R W Shadbolt
PE Teacher 1 Year FTC
To start ASAP
We are looking for a dynamic leader and outstanding teacher to join our PE department. Wood Green is an oversubscribed 11-18 Academy school in the thriving town of Witney, 10 miles west of Oxford.
This is a very exciting time for Wood Green. Our strong reputation and results improving year-on-year have led to a rapid rise in student applications. We believe strongly in a culture of mutual respect and strong relationships, demonstrated in our Behaviour Policy built on restorative principles and everything is underpinned by our LEARNWell values.
The right candidate
Applications are welcome for the position of an enthusiastic and talented teacher of Physical Education. This is a temporary post from September 2021 for one year. We are looking for a candidate who can teach KS3 and 4 Core PE.
• You will be a talented teacher with a passion for PE
• You will show the ability to inspire students of all ages and abilities
• You will have high expectations of yourself and students and be committed to your professional development
• You will be committed to playing a full role in the development of PE and the wider school
Wood Green can offer:
• A school that achieves consistently good outcomes and has a drive to improve from year 7 through to A level
• Students who thrive on good relationships with staff and who enjoy PE
• Development opportunities for staff, collaborating with teachers within school, across the West Oxfordshire Learning Partnership and the prestigious Challenge Partners Network.
• A school committed to enabling every student to achieve the very best they can with supportive colleagues and a constant focus on enhancing teaching and learning
A full Candidate Information Pack including job description, and the Acer Trust Application Form, is available from our website. If you would like to talk to someone about this post, please contact Alyson Nobes email@example.com . To apply for this post, please write a letter of application on one side of A4 and complete the Acer Trust application form. Please submit your letter and application form to Alyson Nobes.
The closing date is 20th September 2021 at noon
Wood Green School and the Acer Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and preventing extremism; all staff must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and obtain any other statutorily required clearance. Employment will also be conditional on the receipt of at least two acceptable references (one from current/last employer) and evidence of the formal qualifications required for the role. Wood Green School is an equal opportunities employer.
Wood Green School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years