Focus Learning Trust is part of the OneSchool global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9,000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods such as Self-Directed Learning.
Our small and friendly team at our Atherstone Campus are now looking for a highly skilled, forward-thinking and enthusiastic PE Teacher on a full time, permanent basis to support our students across KS3 and KS4. This post also includes Senior Leadership responsibilities in Behaviour and pastoral care from Year 3 to Year 13. You will possess a strong understanding of how children learn, you will be adept at navigating our students to see and lead through challenges in their learning, so they make the best possible progress in each and every lesson.
Atherstone Campus has an excellent reputation, such as being graded as a ‘Good’ school by the Schools Inspection Service, along with our GCSE results for 2018 placing the school in the top 10% of all schools nationally.
N.B. Visits prior to application are warmly welcomed so you can come and see for yourself what makes Focus Learning Trust such a special and unique place to work
N.B. This position is open to NQTs.
• Ensure teaching and learning activities are well planned, appropriately pitched and differentiated to meet the needs of all learners incorporating principles of SDL.
• Provide a stimulating learning environment, where resources can be accessed appropriately by all pupils which is safe and conducive to learning
• Promote a culture for learning in which everyone takes responsibility for a high standard of student behaviour
• Keep appropriate and efficient records, integrating formative and summative assessment into weekly and termly planning
• Utilise up to date knowledge and experience in all aspects of the curriculum and assessment, looking at new and innovative learning styles such as SDL
• Lead the development and provision of best practice Behaviour Management and Pastoral care across all year groups reporting to the Head Teacher
• To ensure high levels of pupil attendance and punctuality
• To actively engage and lead a team of experienced, motivated and skilled practitioners
• Support the effective implementation of the agreed education programme including the overall development and well-being of individual learners of all abilities
• Lead post-16 as a tutor and by overseeing the post-16 extra-curricular (CAP) / Enrichment programme
• Have Qualified Teacher Status and a higher-level qualification in PE
• Possess recent experience of teaching PE to KS3 and KS4
• Knowledge of the National Curriculum for PE and the GCSE examinations’ syllabus specifications
• Be relentlessly positive, with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Have a diverse set of skills which will enable you to be flexible working in the classroom and our learning centre
• Be able to work creatively and strategically in an ‘all-through’ school
• Be an innovative and reflective practitioner who is keen to learn
• Respect the schools Ethos and Values
• Supportive Trustees who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• Active and committed parents and carers and a supportive and involved community
• Excellent premises and well-equipped classrooms providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
• A competitive salary (including a staff laptop) and Teachers Pension Contributions
• Professional support from Focus Learning Trust to continually progress and develop your career with through our unique Teacher Training Academy - equivalent to 100 hours per academic year
For more information about Focus Learning Trust or specific information relating to our Campus please visit www.focus-school.com or follow us on LinkedIn at Focus Learning Trust
To book a visit please contact the campus directly on 01827 721 751. For an informal discussion please contact Melissa Podlaski on 0330 055 5600, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Closing Date for application forms: Monday 20th May 2019
Interviews will be held week commencing: Thursday 23rd/Friday 24th May 2019
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Focus School Atherstone Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
Charity No. 1066592