PE Teacher (Head of Department)
Al Rabeeh School is seeking to appoint outstanding, enthusiastic and adaptable head of PE to teach from August 2020. The successful applicants will ideally have experience in an English National Curriculum School.
The Al Rabeeh name has been synonymous throughout the city for high quality education and pastoral care since 1979. Al Rabeeh Academy, an all through English National Curriculum school in its second year of operation, is a sister school to Al Rabeeh School, one of the oldest international schools in Abu Dhabi.
The school is the founding school of an expanding group of schools and academies, which are aiming to be the best providers of education in the Emirate. We recruit the very best teachers who can deliver our curricula in a creative, collaborative, and highly engaging manner. The school is a member of British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) and is committed to professional development and the CPD programmes BSME offers.
PE teachers have a crucial role within Al Rabeeh School as they develop and build upon the foundations started in our lower school and prepare them for their next steps in education. The successful applicants will need to be sympathetic to the ethos and values of Al Rabeeh School a school with a high population of Emirati/Arab students and be able to adapt their teaching to meet the needs of our students so they make rapid progress.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent subject knowledge
• Strong emphasis and desire to be outstanding in learning, teaching and leading education and believe that children have the potential to reach the highest of expectations when in the right environment
• Experience of current UK initiatives and developments
• Capacity to support creative learning and to focus on developing 21st Century learning environments and innovation skills
• Strong focus on pastoral care and be prepared to go the extra mile to get the best out of ‘our’ students
• Experience of using data from standardised tests and external examinations to track student progress
• Experience of teaching across a range of key stages with an emphasis on primary education
• Ability to offer swimming would be an advantage
• Competitive salary (tax free)
• Furnished accommodation (including utilities)
• Annual return air ticket/allowance
• Baggage allowance
• Medical insurance cover
• End of service gratuity
• Visa arranged by the school
Al Rabeeh School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undergo child protection screening.
To apply please click the 'apply now' .
Closing date for applications: 5th April 2020. Interviews will take place ahead of this date so an early application is crucial.
While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.