We are looking to recruit either a full-time Head of PE or a form teacher who would like to support the development of PE as an assistant/deputy to the Head of PE. St Michael’s School has a strong track record of participation in a wide range of sporting activities locally, within the borough and on a national level through ISA and IAPS links. The future development of this is key and will come via the appointment of an individual who is passionate about sport and has the ability to inspire and encourage all children in their care regardless of their individual abilities. To be able to work collaboratively is important, whilst striving to raise the profile of sport and PE, and an understanding of the whole school’s broad and balanced curriculum is essential.
The successful applicant will be a suitable person to work with children and committed fully to promoting and safeguarding their welfare at all times.
We are looking for someone who is:
- An excellent communicator
- Passionate about teaching and learning
- Committed to high expectations for children’s progress and achievement
- Ability to inspire and encourage all children to learn and fulfil their potential
- Demonstrate understanding of the continuity of the learning process
In return we will provide:
- Polite, motivated and enthusiastic children
- A well-resourced teaching and learning environment
- A warm, family environment where you can enjoy the support of governors, colleagues and parents
- Competitive salary and other benefits
- Excellent opportunities for professional development
- Opportunities for you to contribute your own expertise and to make a positive impact
Application packs can be downloaded from our website here and visits to the school are welcome and encouraged. To arrange a visit or request a hard copy of the application pack, please call Sarah Paterson on (01702) (01702) 416310 or email email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 9.00am Monday, 13th December 2021
Interviews to be held on Friday, 17th December 2021