Anfield is an independent Catholic, International School, comprising of a Primary school and 2 large Kindergartens, whose curriculum is underpinned by the Early Years Foundation Stage, followed by the English National Curriculum. Students aged from 2 to 11 years are provided with a high quality and globally-minded education. Anfield enjoys an enviable reputation as a thriving, dynamic, happy, caring and supportive environment with a strong family atmosphere.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, inspiring, creative, enthusiastic and committed Teacher of P.E. to deliver across the full age and ability range, through all Key Stage 1 and 2.
To join our happy, committed and highly professional teaching team, you need to be an excellent teacher, able to enthuse and inspire the children you teach and have a 'can do' approach to teaching and school life. Working at Anfield is extremely professionally rewarding.
The successful applicant will be:
- an experienced and outstanding Primary P.E teacher with QTS
- an enthusiastic, highly motivated, open-minded and caring professional
- able to teach across the whole Primary range (Year1 - 6)
- able to maintain the high attainment of P.E. at the school
- able to co-ordinate extra-curricular activities
- able to foster a love of P.E. with the children, developing their enjoyment of it
- able to liaise with class teachers to link P.E. teaching with other curriculum topics being studied
- able to manage the House Reward Programme
- experienced in teaching the English National Curriculum requirements for P.E.
- experienced in organising the Sports Day and extra-curricular sporting activities
- knowledgeable and experienced in using ICT applications relevant to a classroom environment
- committed to continuing professional development (CPD)
- committed to inclusion and equality of opportunity
- able to work closely with colleagues and communicate effectively with parents, carers and other professionals
- a professional with vision, creativity, drive and enthusiasm who will contribute to the continued development of our school
- committed to our Catholic ethos
In addition, the successful applicant will:
- have a passion to inspire pupils and do whatever it takes to achieve success
- have proven, successful experience in teaching and leading the core areas of the English National Curriculum
- have experience of raising standards in a challenging environment
- have experience of managing others and supporting them to develop their teaching practice
- have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills and be experienced in establishing and maintaining good professional relationships
- be willing to be involved in the extra-curricular life of the School
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Education (P.E.) with QTS or Bachelor Degree in Sport with PGCE & QTs
- a minimum of 3 years teaching experience working with Primary aged children
- exceptional communication skills/English language skills
- high levels of ICT capability
Prospective candidates are invited to view our website at www.anfield.edu.hk where further details and our official application form should be completed and submitted together with an accompanying letter to: email@example.com. Only official Anfield application forms will be considered.
(Please state the position for which you are applying in the email subject box)
Closing Date: 11th January 2019
Interviews in Hong Kong and/or by video conference during January and February 2019
Our vision is to ensure each child is given a solid foundation of learning, has a sense of self-confidence and self-belief, and is self-motivated, flexible and cooperative.
Anfield is a Catholic school, in an international setting, where all are committed to creating a loving and joy-filled environment that is inspired by Jesus Christ. Anfield is a culturally diverse environment where all children are challenged, both academically and spiritually, to embrace and expand their international connections, enabling them to achieve their full potential and thrive within the global community.
- To encourage the development in all students, the qualities of personal responsibility, consideration, courtesy and respect in their relationships with one another, their teachers, the local and global community and the environment.
- To work for excellence in all academic, cultural and sporting endeavours, stimulating excitement in learning and requiring discipline in study, whatever the ability of the child.
- To encourage children to be self-motivated, to strive to do their best in everything they do and to have confidence to take risks.
- To encourage children in independent and critical thinking about the standards and values in society and the global community, and to discover and develop a personal faith to guide them throughout their lives.
- To develop in each child a knowledge, understanding and respect for the Catholic faith.
- To prepare children for their next stage of learning in an internationally-minded environment that encourages high standards of achievement and a life-long love of learning.
- To provide an environment where everyone in our school community feels safe and is aware of their rights and responsibilities.
- To continually move forward, through innovation, creativity and endeavour, and to explore the world with its myriad of opportunities and challenges.
In support of our school’s vision and mission statement and stated goals, all students are expected to uphold the following tenets. These are not rules but values that are rooted in the Mission statement, which actively encourage positive behaviour and form the foundation of our school’s behavioural policy.
- To be honest at all times
- To respect myself and others
- To treat others with kindness
- To respect my property and the property of others
- To be responsible?
- To always try my best
Anfield is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to the post is subject to an enhanced CRB check in UK or the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) in Hong Kong.