St Mary MacKillop Primary School is situated in the eastern suburbs of Brisbane and prides itself on the spirit that can be found in our students, teachers, sporting teams, achievements, friendships and approach to learning. We are a co-educational school with a current enrolment of approximately 565 students. Our school offers the latest in teaching and learning, technology and extra curricular activities. We are a high quality inclusive Catholic school offering our students a rounded education that supports personal growth based on Christian values.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated Physical Education teacher to join our close knit school community. This is a fixed term, part time position teaching Years P-6.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Ensure that the teachings and values of the Catholic Church form a foundation for learning and teaching,
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
• Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
• Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Strong literacy and numeracy practices plus a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment.
For more detailed information regarding the requirements of this position, please see the Teacher role description.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2022
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 2022 school year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: 4 days/week (24 hours/week) Monday to Thursday
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Louise Little
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3822 5500
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 10-Oct-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education