‘Join us on our exciting journey to become the school of first choice for our community’
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding an enthusiastic Physical Education Technician/Teaching Assistant
Do you have a keen interest in all sport, good organisational skills, desire to support students to reach their potential? Are you a team player and also work well alone? Have you a good standard of education with a minimum of Maths and English GCSE Grade C or above? Are you looking to start your career or maybe you are a retired PE teacher who wants to continue to work in education. Then this varied role could be the post for you.
• maintain and organise PE equipment, ensuring that it is safely prepared for lessons and collected and stored appropriately.
• ensure all kit/bibs are washed and prepared for lessons or fixtures
• ensure changing rooms are tidy and locked/unlocked ready for lessons
• help to develop positive educational experiences for students with special needs in the physical and classroom based setting.
• run student exercise sessions (with training as required).
• maintain the Academy exercise bikes for student and staff use.
Please see the full Job Description for further details
You will be a fully integrated member of the PE Faculty in our OFSTED rated ‘Good’ Academy. We have a new building with excellent sport facilities and an annually growing student intake.
Hours: 30 hours per week. Term time only
Salary: Equivalent to Single Status Grade 1 point 2 £16,394 per annum pro rata (actual salary £11,400.81 per annum).
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date for applications: 9.00am on Friday 18th May 2018.
Please send completed Academy application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note, we do not accept C.V’s or applications from agencies. Please see our recruitment pack available on our website www.bexhillacademy.org for more details or contact Chris Steward, Director of Sport and Wellbeing email@example.com
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.