South Island School seeks to appoint an outstanding Performing Arts Teacher to work within the Creative Arts Faculty at South Island School. For this role, specific expertise in Music Technology and Contemporary music or Jazz would be a definite advantage. This role could be a part-time role to teach Music only, or a full time role for a colleague with the ability to teach Years 7-9 MYP Drama as well.
The successful applicant will be a highly skilled teacher, with the ability to motivate, inspire and engage with students in creative and innovate ways, both within and outside the classroom – with the overall goal of ensuring excellent educational outcomes for our students. He or she will be a competent performer, will have a thorough grounding in musical theory and will also be knowledgeable regarding a wide range of musical styles. Previous experience of IBMYP and IGCSE would be helpful, though this is not essential for an applicant with the right overall skills set. The ability to teach Drama as well is also essential if you wish to apply for a full time role.
Outside the classroom, the Performing Arts Team at SIS runs a wide-ranging extra-curricular programme, which includes a large orchestra, a series of sectional groups and choirs, as well as annual Drama performances in a range of genres and styles.
Please note that for a part-time role, only an applicant with an existing visa to live and work in Hong Kong can be considered. For a full-time role to teach both Music and Drama, support with obtaining Hong Kong residence can be provided.
• A relevant degree and postgraduate qualification, including internationally recognised teaching qualifications;
• A strong commitment to taking an inclusive approach to meet the needs of all students;
• The ability to lead and inspire others;
• The ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with teachers and other relevant professionals, parents and students;
• An understanding of current developments in the teaching of Performing Arts;
• Experience of a range of assessment strategies for identifying students’ needs and supporting learning;
• A commitment to pastoral care within the school;
• A commitment to extra-curricular activities to support the programme.
Further information can be found in the following locations:
• South Island School website: https://www.sis.edu.hk
• English Schools Foundation website: https://www.esf.edu.hk/
Thank you again for your interest in this role!
Application Closing Date: 8 am HK time, Monday, 14 January 2019
For enquiries, please contact Angelie Higgs at email@example.com.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.