The teachers at ICS are responsible for ensuring that their practice inside and outside the classroom is in harmony with the educational philosophy of the school. All teachers are members of departmental, grade level and secondary teams and as such share responsibility for positively supporting school change as outlined in the school’s strategic plan.
Teachers need to demonstrate a strong commitment to maintaining a collaborative culture within the school. In addition they need to embody an understanding of the social and emotional dimensions of learning.
- Teaching IB MYP Performing Arts classes with an emphasis on Music (Grades within the range of Grades 6 - 10), and potentially IBDP (Grade 11 and 12) Music classes.
- Supporting and, if appropriate, facilitating Theatre and Music Productions at ICS, including those which serve the curriculum.
- Supporting Performing Arts extra-curricular activities.
- Planning and delivering units and lessons for relevant classes
- Teaching the Personal Development Programme to the class for which he/she is a tutor
- Ensuring curriculum plans are up-to-date for the grade levels he/she teaches
- Contributing positively to the collaborative culture of his/her teams by being an engaged participant in team and secondary meetings
- Supporting the social and emotional well-being of the students in their classes
- Liaising with the Head of Department and IB Coordinators to ensure that programme requirements are met within the classes taught
- Ensuring assessments support ongoing learning and providing timely, relevant and appropriate feedback to students on formative and summative assessments
- Demonstrating effective classroom management that shows an understanding of the academic, social and emotional dimensions of learning
- Using technology to enhance learning.
- Keeping parents informed about the learning of their children, and being proactive in communication with parents
- Informing, in a timely manner that allows for early intervention, tutors and the Secondary Pastoral Leadership Team about issues of concern related to student welfare, achievement and behaviour
- Constructing learning activities that challenge students and demonstrate an understanding of the diverse needs of the students in their classes
- Contributing to the planning and delivery of interdisciplinary curriculum projects
- Supervising Personal Projects and Extended Essays as required
- Participating in student recognition processes including assemblies, academic and extracurricular awards ceremonies etc.
- Contributing to the field trip programme
- Recording and reporting student progress following the procedures established by the school
- Adhering to Secondary School deadlines
- Assisting, as requested, with cover of classes for absent colleagues
- Assisting, as requested, with the administration of exams.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Current classroom teacher qualification to teach Music at Secondary level.
- Ideally, experience teaching IBDP Music.
- Minimum 2 years recent and relevant classroom experience.
- Experience in an international school environment is advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience of the IB Diploma and Middle Years programmes.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Experience in teaching learners with diverse needs.
- Strong classroom management skills.
- Competence in using technology for both learning and information management purposes.
- Strong organisational skills.
- A specialist, up-to-date knowledge of Performing Arts pedagogy.
- Knowledge of the developmental needs of children of 12 - 18 years.
- Empathy and social skills.
- Documented record of excellence in teaching.
- Valid Swiss work permit preferable.
Terms and conditions
A truly international experience in a dynamic and positive environment
Experience a MYP and IB curriculum
Attractive payment and benefits
Interested candidates should email a full letter of application, a statement of personal educational philosophy, detailed resume/curriculum vitae, and three referees. The Head of School reserves the right to apply directly to the writers of open testimonials for confidential statements.
Applications should be addressed to:
Ms Mary-Lyn Campbell,
Head of School
We are looking forward to receive your online application.
ICS Inter-Community School Zurich
- Mainstream school with state funding
- All-through School
- Students of age 2 - 18 years