Typical responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Teaching violin to Y3-13 students (individual and in small groups) as part of our Instrumental Programme
• Being a passionate and inspirational educator who complements an outstanding team dedicated to the delivery of a high-quality music programme which has an impact on student outcomes.
• Have the ability to identify, support and extend all learners of all abilities.
• Be able to plan and prepare lessons in relation to individual pupils’ needs
• Acquire appropriate teaching materials and resources
• Teach music theory, aural skills and practical techniques to pupils
• Enter and prepare pupils for examinations
• Be able to motivate, challenging pupils and encouraging progress
• Liaise with academic staff and parents
• Assess pupils’ abilities, providing feedback and writing reports
• Be a highly motivated, exemplary practitioner with a strong work ethic.
• contribute positively to all aspects of school life including performance which is central to our extensive extra-curricular programme.
• Encourage pupils to think and talk about their learning, develop self-control and independence, persevere, and listen attentively.
• Be an integral part of our performances (concerts, recitals and parent workshops)
• Be an effective and regular communicator with parents
The position is for both the JESS Jumeirah and JESS Arabian Ranches campus on a peripatetic basis.
Applicants must complete the JESS application form and send their CV and a covering letter of application to:
Director of Music, Jumeirah English Speaking School
The closing date for applications is 17 January 2021
JESS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. A UK enhanced DBS or equivalent police check is a pre-requisite for all appointments.
JESS Dubai - Arabian Ranches
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years