This is a unique opportunity for someone with a keen interest in emerging literacy to work across schools and early learning and childcare settings to further develop practice in taking a developmental approach to literacy, language and communication. This is for a two year period and could be a secondment opportunity. The postholder will be required to deliver training to groups of staff, as well as provide direct support to individual teachers and practitioners in schools and early learning settings.
The main duties of a teacher are outlined in Part 2: Section 2 of the SNCT Handbook.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,235 per annum
- Temporary post for 35.0 Hours per Week
- Temporary contract for a period of approximately 2 years.
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
- FTE of Post: 1.0
- Sector/Subject Specialism: Literacy
- Qualification Requirement: Primary Teaching Qualification
- Class Information, Age Range: ELC and Primary
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Hayfield House, Lerwick, Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Samantha Flaws, Quality Improvement Officer, on 01595 744093, or Email Samantha.Flaws@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.