Newbridge Preparatory School has a thriving Music Department where something musical is always on the agenda. Opportunities include The Upper School Ensemble, Senior Recorder Group, Upper School Choir and the Imagination Choir; class lessons on the recorder and ukulele and individual lessons on the flute, violin and ‘cello. A Musical Theatre production takes place annually. Many pupils join in a range of performance opportunities including local music festivals, and events such as the annual House Music competition which fosters an ethos of participation by all.
This an exciting opportunity for a motivated teacher looking to contribute to the music life of the school.
This post will require the successful candidate to deliver individual 20-30 minute lessons to pupils between the ages of 7 and 11. The teacher will assist pupils in preparing for ABRSM examinations and will deliver lessons that are fun, engaging and inspiring.
Working with students at Newbridge Preparatory School is extremely rewarding. Pupils exhibit a high level of enthusiasm and motivation.
The successful applicant must be able to motivate and inspire children of all ages and abilities to make good progress in their instrument, develop their musicianship and foster in them a love of music across a range of styles. The ability to accompany your pupils in exams or concerts would be advantageous.
The current role is 3 days a week from 12.30 pm until 1.45 pm. (3 days @ 1.25 hours = 3.75 hours per week for 30 weeks during the academic year.)
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will:
• be a highly skilled violin player with a high level of teaching expertise.
• deliver 20-30 minute individual violin lessons to pupils over the course of 30 weeks during the academic year.
• Prepare pupils for formal graded music examinations.
• keep a clear up-to-date record of attendance and record brief lesson notes.
• complete annual progress reports for each pupil.
• will display a professional standard of performing and have excellent knowledge of a range of musical genres.
• will be available to work occasional evenings for concerts and other music department events.
Grade 8 violin (essential) / Educated to degree level or equivalent (desirable)
- Knowledge of, and expertise in, the relevant range of musical genres.
- Clear evidence of a broad range of teaching and performing experience.
- Must possess a fun and engaging approach to teaching.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Creative and energetic
The closing date for applications is 9 am on Monday 6th December 2021, however, please be advised applications will be considered upon receipt and we reserve the right to appoint someone sooner than this if we identify a suitable candidate.
Interviews will take place throughout the process.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Newbridge Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Newbridge Preparatory School is a leading independent day school for boys aged 2 to 7 and girls aged 2 to 11. Newbridge Preparatory School has been an independent day school in Wolverhampton since 1937. Newbridge Preparatory School moved to its prese...