Salary: Scale 5 £21,589 to £23,836 pro rata, per annum. Actual salary - £18,184,pa
Location: Toot Hill School
The successful candidate will work within a dynamic and child centred Pastoral Team at Toot Hill School on a term time only basis, managing the behaviour, welfare and academic achievement of our students. The post holder will work closely with students, parents and staff to remove barriers to learning and progress. They will also support a team of tutors to deliver the highest standards of student behaviour, attitude to learning and attendance. There will be a requirement for the post holder to analyse data to inform and implement appropriate intervention, mentoring or counselling, ensuring our students respond positively.
We are looking for a passionate individual who will be an integral member of our extensive pastoral team, and who will embrace our Work Hard Be Kind ethos.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and a role model who fosters a culture of high expectation and support.
Your main responsibilities within this role will be:
• Regularly monitor the individual progress, behaviour and attendance of all students in the designated group and take or support appropriate intervention to facilitate progress in line with target grades.
• Identify students in need of specialised mentoring, and provide mentoring sessions where appropriate or facilitate alternative mentoring opportunities.
• Be involved in the creation and establishment of Pastoral Support Plans and support the SENDCo in collating information for EHC plans.
• To co-ordinate home/school links over a range of issues e.g. attitudes to learning, attendance, behaviour and individual progress.
• Proactively use the schools management information systems to regularly monitor behaviour and learning of all pupils, analysis any sub-group patterns and feeding back to key staff and stakeholders as appropriate.
• Support whole school site supervision through duties before, during and after school.
Further details and an application pack are available from our website www.toothillschool.co.uk
Toot Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all employees to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to appropriate child protection screening including checks with previous employers and undertake an enhanced DBS with barred check.
Toot Hill School is an Outstanding (Ofsted, 2012) 11–18 academy in the rural market town of Bingham, Nottinghamshire—recently named by Family Investments as the best place in the UK to raise a family.
Toot Hill is a friendly, thriving secondary schoo...